Gravlax is a Nordic dish consisting of raw salmon, cured in salt, sugar, fresh dill and seeds and spices. Cure the salmon two to three days prior to serving. This following recipe is for 1-1/2 pounds of fresh wild salmon fillet.
- 1-1/2 pounds of fresh wild salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup coarse salt (sea salt or Kosher)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tightly-packed cup of coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 generous tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Red pepper flakes
4. Once the fish has been curing for several days, prepare it by scraping the dill and spices from the fish and slice thinly.